In light of the Coronavirus 19 (COVID 19) health challenges we at the SDPC want to keep all students, staff and volunteers as safe as possible. To insure this we are asking you, our parents/guardians, to do the following:
- If your child or anyone at home is experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) please keep your child at home.
- Everyone should wash their hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or more (they can sing the Happy Birthday song while they wash, it goes for about 20 seconds).
- Everyone should avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with their hands. Instead use a tissue or paper towel and wash your hands afterward.
- When coughing, everyone should cover their cough/sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash and wash their hands.
- Masks are required to be worn by students and adults while indoors at SDPC. We try to do as much programming outside as possible, especially during the summer.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 27: The Wayne County Public Health Department today issued a new order mandating local school districts, schools and daycare providers require students, faculty, staff and visitors to wear a face mask while in school and during school-sponsored indoor events. Read here.
Detroit Public School Community District Reopening Plan, Fall 2021
Detroit Health Department
Translation Line: (800) 874-9226
Detroit Health Email
Resources & Links
Free medical care and free vegetables available on Wednesdays:
SAY Detroit Family Health Clinic
211 Glendale Ave
Highland Park, MI
First Aid for Feelings: A Workbook to Help Kids Cope During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Youth Development Resource Center: COVID-19