Hello SAY Play Families,
We have been made aware that certain Detroit Public Schools will be virtual until the end of January.
We are happy to announce that beginning Tuesday, January 18, we are opening SAY Play in the morning to support your child’s virtual learning by providing a warm, supervised and Wi-Fi-enabled center from which they can attend their virtual classes.
What does this mean?
- DPS students attending virtual classes can do so from SAY Play Monday – Friday, 9AM – 3PM
- We are equipped to provide laptops, Wi-Fi, supplies, and in-person staff support
- We will provide a nutritious breakfast upon their arrival and a hot lunch at noon.
- We are still holding our after-school activities from 3PM – 6:30PM (6PM on Fridays). This way, your child can easily transition into their regular after-school activities.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to get their student to SAY Play in the mornings. We cannot provide transportation to SAY Play at this time. However, transportation home in the evenings (following after-school activities) will continue as normal.
- This support opportunity will end January 31, 2022 or when DPS schools return to in-person attendance, unless noted otherwise.
To sign up for this support service:
• Your child must be enrolled as an after school program member.
• Please log in to your Trax account here and enroll your eligible child or children into “Day Program for Virtual Schooling.”
• If you have not completed your Trax account set up or are unsure of your status, please contact us.
• If you have not yet already done so, please upload your child’s negative PCR COVID-19 test results prior to attending. You can upload them here: https://forms.gle/iAc2x2vdALLfgTDK8
How to register for the activity on Trax:
• Go to https://online.traxsolutions.com/sdpc/main/#/search
• Sign in to your profile. Use forgot password if you don’t recall your login information
• Select “Activities” from the menu
• Select “Day Program for Virtual Schooling” from the activities list
• Then select your eligible children and enroll them to the waitlist.
We will confirm their attendance once a negative COVID-19 test has been received.
Further help with Trax can be found here: https://www.sayplay.org/register/
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.